Sunday, November 20, 2011

Candlelit Dinner


A few weeks ago, on a relatively warm night, a few friends and I decided to cook dinner and eat outside on our patio. We lit the candle inside this lantern before it got dark, and as the sun went down, admired how beautiful it was. I love how when light is in a closed, but transparent space like this candle within the lantern, there is a feeling of it both being expansive and contained. It feels as if the light is illuminating the space within the lantern, while at the same time providing light and warmth to a larger space. I find the shadows created in this photo to be very interesting, and the way in which the light passes through the star cut outs in the top of the lantern catches my eye. I think this photo also accurately depicts the overall feeling of the moment--warmth in spending time with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful image and nice comments

    Within our talk of "white light", I just want you to observe how much color is in this photo that lends to the overall emotions you go from it

    The blue surrounded by the warm amber help to create a magical feeling and lend to the overall beauty

    I do not have any issue with your desire for white light on stage but wanted to point out how much color there is in nature and how, as a species, color helps to tell us stories

    ReplyDelete