Sunday, November 27, 2011

WEEK 9: NATURE'S VERSION OF BUBBLE WRAP


On Thanksgiving Eve, my boyfriend, Marcos and I decided to go for a walk in the park before his flight home to San Martin. As the breeze blew through the trees, it flew many leaves into the air as if they were magic hang gliders; leaving several trees leafless. As we walked, I began to listen to the crunchy noise the dry leaves made beneath our feet. It was if the leaves were nature's version of bubble wrap. I took this picture at first as a memory of the day, but as I uploaded this picture I was excited how the shadow and light drew my sight in. With the warm morning golden light, the leaves look saturated in some areas with orange and auburn tones, while other parts are in shadow with dark crisp brown and reds as they overlap. The light adds a highlight around the edges of the leaves and creates a beautiful shadow upon his shoe making the colors pop. Marcos' shoes add an interesting texture and layer to the leaves that lay beneath his feet. His shoes add nor take away from the beautiful atmosphere and light of the park but show character with his one rolled up pant leg.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting photo - nice analysis of how lighting helps to add layering and depth through color and angle

    ReplyDelete