Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 6: A walk with friends

Last year, on a warm day during winter quarter, a few of my friends and I decided to take a walk down University and watch the sunset. We noticed that the sunset and bay provided a beautiful backdrop for some photos. So, being dancers, we naturally decided to do the classic "jump up and strike a pose" shot. I love this photo because it captures a sense of movement, and also creates a feeling of vastness with the background of sky and water behind us. I also enjoy the contrast created between the black of our silhouettes against the oranges and blues of the sky. I think this photo has a lot of potential to be inspiration for a lighting design. I always enjoy the use of silhouettes in dance pieces, and think that there are times when it is a very successful choice for the mood of a work.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo and the layering with the water and the sky

    The colors are really nice

    ReplyDelete