Sunday, November 6, 2011

WEEK 6: Santa Monica Pier

On Saturday around five o’clock I met a friend at the Santa Monica Pier. The ocean breeze cooled down the surrounding air. Having never been to the pier, I took many photographs. As I crossed the street with my friend, I quickly snapped this pictured of the Santa Monica Pier. I am really excited and amazed that I was able to capture this image as I anticipated my picture to be blurry. The gloomy weather captured the vibrant yellow and muted all competing colors. Although this effect can be created in photoshop, the overcast conditions created this effect naturally. The position of the sign, helps to create a frame within a frame that draws the viewers attention to the bright yellow taxis.

1 comment:

  1. It does looked manipulated - interesting photo about foreground and background

    ReplyDelete