Saturday, October 1, 2011

WEEK 1: THE LIGHTS OF VEGAS!!!



During the summer my boyfriend and I travelled to Las Vegas, Nevada. I desperately needed to purchase a new pair of Capezio K360 Professional tap shoes. Unfortunately the Capezio store in Hollywood has closed and due to my foot shrinking I needed to try on their newer model in Vegas.

Later that evening my boyfriend and I walked down Las Vegas Boulevard to watch the famous Bellagio Fountains. Instantly I was struck with the beauty of the light and the reflection into the waters. Although this picture is not of the amazing Bellagio fountain show, I feel that this picture of the hotel lit at night is extremely striking. They are even more powerful as the 4,000 lights from the hotel are lit against the dark night sky. The lighting scheme of the hotel makes the atmosphere so majestic and dramatic. As I stood on a slight angle against the viewing wall of the lake, I noticed the lights seemed to go from lightest to brightest, to focus on the Tuscan architecture of the Bellagio. The lights reflecting on the still, calm lake added excitement and even romance to the atmosphere. The darkness behind me and the brilliant light display before me made me feel isolated among the hundreds of tourists, standing there in the middle of the bright lights of the Vegas strip.

Even in the city of lights, a human can’t always capture light. Light moves too fast to take it all in. It is the camera at times that can catch and remind us of such beauty and memories. The mechanics of a camera are able to expose all light fields. I am quite proud of this handheld shot my camera was able to capture.

~Noelle


1 comment:

  1. Great photo - I love those shows as well. This photo is a great example of foreground and background, not only the beauty created by the warm building against the cool sky but also the warm and cool created in the water from the reflection and the surrounding areas

    ReplyDelete