Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 2: long days in the arts department.

This photo was taken on Friday evening of Week 0. As I was sitting outside of studio 1100, assisting with the Jazz Ensemble auditions, I noticed how beautiful the reflections were on the glass windows of the new Contemporary Arts Center building. I decided to take a photo, but was thinking that the details of the sky and clouds would be lost in the photo. While the clarity might be slightly less, I do love this photo because at first glance you don't quite notice the reflections, but as you continue to look at it the pattern of the clouds and light from the sky become much more apparent. I feel like this photo conveys a feeling, and has an atmosphere within itself. It feels oddly eery and mysterious, but warm and comforting at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Really great photo - they could use it for advertiser for SOTA :)

    Nice connection between the photo and an overal atmosphere created by it

    ReplyDelete