Sunday, October 2, 2011

Newport Livin'

At the beginning of September, I moved into a new house in Newport Beach. I have been loving the feeling of waking up right next to the ocean, and coming home to the smell of the salty air as the sun sets over the sand. This photo was taken on one of these such nights last week. My roommate Becca and I took some time to just sit on a bench at the beach and watch the sunset. While I took many photos of the beautiful progression of the sunset, and the variation in light as it grew darker, I was also drawn to the street lamps lining the blocks. Becca and I noticed as we sat there that the lamps did not all turn on at once. We looked left and right down the block and as the sun went down, the lights turned on one by one. While we were surrounded by the natural beauty of the sky over the ocean, we were just as taken by the bright, glowing lights of the lamps lining the streets. They created a pathway along the sidewalk, paving the way for people to walk and guiding them through the otherwise dark night.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I have taken many photos around the world of different lamp posts like this - they tend to say a lot about an area.

    ReplyDelete