Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week #5 - Dappling of Leaves

This week I've been thinking about the kind of light I wanted to design for McCree's choreography. Since I want to create the feeling of a predator in the wild, I've been looking for ways to convey the impression of leaves on the ground. To this end, I'm thinking of using gobos to project the image of leaves onto the ground. Ironically, right before my meeting with McCree this week I was so struck by the lovely dappled pattern of sunlight filtering through leaves outside the dance loft that I felt compelled to climb out onto a ledge out over the staircase to snap a picture of it. Even though the shapes of the shadows don't really seem to resemble leaves, the overall look is clearly that of foliage. It inspires me to play with subtlety in my work, rather than just focusing on the most obviously prominent characteristics of my design.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice analysis of your thought process and how inspiration can come at any time

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete